Chief Justice Roberts’ decision to allow Obamacare to ‘live’ accomplished several things:
1) It really pissed off Mark Levin! That may or may not be a good thing but a pissed off Mark Levin is high entertainment.
( Mark Levin vs. George Will: Radio talker lashes out at columnist [AUDIO])
2) It gave President Obama the recognition he deserved as a president whose promises about taxation can’t be trusted (not that any of his promises could be trusted before this).
( With court ruling, $1.7 trillion Obamacare tax now violates Obama’s 2008 tax pledge
3) It gave Republicans new ammunition to use in their attempt to defeat ‘American Socialism’.
4) The word “tax” ‘woke up’ a lot of already tax-poor Americans the way the words “penalty” and “mandate” never could.
5) It made the Supreme Court look apolitical, effectively taking it off the Democratic “hit list” during the runup to November.
6) John Roberts, by blithely avoiding hard decisions on the issues presented to him as Chief Justice, made many Americans realize that John Roberts cares much more about the reputation of the court than he does about justice. Not a good thing for a Supreme Court “justice.”
( What’s behind Roberts’ surprising decision?